Check in to a fake location on Facebook
http://vimeo.com/16947241 I found a great little workaround to allow you to check in to any location you want, even if you're not there. This also works for Google Latitude, Foursquare, and other location based applications. The best part is that you do not have to root, unlock, hack, or modify your phone in any way. I've created a video tutorial to show you the process. Right now I don't know of anything similar on the iPhone.
How to set a fake location:
- Enable "mock locations"
- (Settings > Applications > Development > Allow Mock Locations)
- Search the Android Market for "My Fake Location"
- Set your location using the map at the bottom of the screen
- Click the button "Set GPS Location"
- Check-in (and you're done!)